Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello Halloween!!!


I know Halloween is more than two months away, but I just started working on my new Halloween cards. I loaded some of them on my etsy shop (http://www.cardsbylela.etsy.com/) and have had some interest. I definitely think that the photos don't show the detail of new techniques that I have just learned with some fun, new tools. I just purchased a Cuttlebug, which dry embosses and cuts, along with some other fun, embellishments. I find that I still like the simple, elegant style that I usually produce but now there are much more elements used that create detail that I didn't have before. You can see this change in my work from one year ago to now in just the Halloween cards.

Straight forward design and elements (one year ago)

Much more layers of design, texture and color (now)

No comments:

Post a Comment