Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Custom card orders

Sorry for not posting any articles for a while. I was very busy with my personal life and custom orders that I didn't have time to write. Hopefully, now I will be able to maintain some articles for the next few months. Then, I will be very busy with our new daughter who is due in November.
Well, I feel so lucky that I have gotten custom orders from both my Etsy online shop and craft fair participation. It feels really good when you create unique cards for someone from just mere ideas and sketches. I feel that I have done my best work in custom orders. It enables me to create in a more risky and challenging manner, which makes me strive to create something more complex and difficult. I hope you enjoy seeing the process unfold through some sample photos below.
First, the client makes a request for something that resembles an already created card but with different designs, colors or style. Sometimes it is created from just an idea that is completely different than what I have created thus far. Second, depending on the level of originality, difficulty and complexity, I will either email the completed card or a sketch to be approved by the client. Third, I will create or modify the card, per the client's feedback. Fourth, I will email a completed card photo to the client for final approval. Finally, I will either load the card to Etsy for purchase by the client or receive payment by mail and then mail the custom order to the client. This process can take a few days or a few weeks depending on the size, originality, difficulty and needs of the order. I do my best to accomodate all expectations of the client. I enjoy working on my handmade cards and feel very fortunate to have clients that enjoy my work. So, if you need any cards with specific needs and wants, please don't hesitate to contact me.



No comments:

Post a Comment